CIDIMU SPA Sede di Cuneo
Dr. Giacomo Paolo VAUDANO was born in Sommariva del Bosco (CN) on 28.12.1962.
He graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Turin on 14.7.1987 with full marks. In the same seat, in the second session relating to the year 1987, he passed the state examination for the achievement of the qualification to practice the profession of surgeon with full marks.
He has been enrolled in the Professional Register of Doctors and Surgeons of the Province of Cuneo since 8.2.1988.
In 5.11.1991 he obtained the Diploma of Specialty in Radiodiagnostics, scoring 70/70 points.
• He began his activity in the Institute of Radiology of the University of Turin in March 1986, carrying out the same first as an internal doctor and then to comply full time with the obligations of the Specialization school itself.
• Since 16.11.1989 he is an Employee before A.S.S.L. TO IV as radiology assistant until 15.11.1992. From 16.11.1992 as a Radiology Assistant and then as a Level I Manager in the same office currently A.S.L. TO2.
• Since October 1998 he has been Head of the organizational Sector of Imaging and Interventional Diagnostics.
• He has been involved in and currently deals with the field of Extravascular Inventional Radiology since 1990.
• Head of Simple Structure for CT and Interventional Radiology since 2001 and then of Neuroradiology.
• From 29.3.2007 Head of Simple Structure for CT and MRI Diagnostics and Neuroradiology Diagnostics, Company classification B1.
• Since April 2008 he has been Head of the Complex Structure of Radiology at the Amedeo di Savoia Hospital in Turin, A.S.L. TO2.
• Since December 2009 he is Director of the Complex Structure of Neuroradiology and Emergency Radiology of the San Giovanni Bosco Hospital.
He has experience in extravascular interventional medicine which began in 1987 with Professor Juliani, then with Professor Gandini, current Director of the University School of Radiology in Turin, and continued in the San Giovanni Bosco Hospital first with Professor Edmondo Comino and then in 'scope of the A.S.L TO2.
He has experience in Vascular Angiography and MRI in general and Neuroradiological Intervention in particular.
To date he has performed over 5000 biopsy procedures under fluoroscopy, ETG and above all CT of the Head-neck, Thoracic, Abdominal, Musculoskeletal and Bone districts.
Over 80 thoraco-abdominal drainage procedures / year, 100 thermal ablation-alcoholizations of abdominal or musculoskeletal lesions, in recent years 40 / year vertebroplasty, sacro-plastic or cement consolidation of thermoablated bone lesions.
Since 2010 he has been dealing with the treatment of osteo-discogenic pain of the cervico-dorsal-lumbo-sacral districts with over 350 treatments / year of infiltration of nerve roots, vertebral and peridural joint facets using anti-inflammatory and / or Oxygen-Ozone therapy under fluoroscopic and CT guidance. . He is also an expert in Tarlow root cyst fibrin glue “occlusion” procedures. He has participated since 1998 in neuroradiological vascular interventional procedures with the Turin University Neuroradiology Group. All this in collaboration with the Divisions of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Vascular Surgery where both urgent-emergency and elective activities are carried out.
From the academic year 1997-1998 to 2006 he was in charge of additional radiological teaching at the School of Specialization in Geriatrics of the University of Turin. From the 2006-2007 academic year he is Adjunct Professor of Geriatric Radiology at the School of Specialization in Geriatrics of the University of Turin.
He has been an Ordinary member of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology since 1990 within which he is part of the study sections of Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance and Radiology of the Head and Neck.
He is the author or co-author of works published in the main national and international journals, in particular in the field of CT, Neuroradiology and Interventional Radiology.
He has participated as a speaker at numerous congresses and conferences and as director of numerous neuroradiology courses.