Founded in 1932, the San Carlo of Nancy Hospital is located on the Via Aurelia, not far from the Vatican City. The facility, classified as a general local hospital since September 1976, can treat about 15,000 patients a year under ordinary hospitalization. To date, the facility has about 450 professionals, including the medical and paramedical staff.
The redevelopment interventions involved the demolition of all the architectural barriers of the hospitalization and polyclinic departments.
In addition, the Group has invested heavily in technological innovation to support its healthcare services, conforming to the highest standards required by law. GVM Care & Research has replaced and renewed the previous diagnostic technologies by introducing a state-of-the-art CT and a 1.5 tesla Magnetic Resonance.
Ospedale San Carlo di Nancy - Via Aurelia 275 - Rome
The San Carlo Hospital of Nancy has two operating blocks. The first, located at the center of the historic building, has five operating rooms. The second block is located in the new wing of the hospital, on the ground floor, vertically connected with the intensive care unit, with the radiology ward on floor -1 and with the emergency ward on floor -2. The entire block has been equipped with new devices for operating diagnostics.
It features large spaces that include, in addition to the five beds of the intensive care and coronary units, four beds for sub-intensive therapy, a monitoring area, a changing room for visitors, a different changing room for staff and an office for consultations and relations with the family members of patients, in addition to the necessary technical rooms. Each of the five intensive care beds for infectious patients is placed inside an isolated space, pursuant to law. Modern devices enable to perfectly manage patients, simplifying the work of healthcare professionals, in order to always ensure safety levels beyond the standards required by law.